background1

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Learning to FLY

If you know me, you know that my intentions are always good, and that I always try to do the best for my family, but I am a terrible housekeeper. And it's not that I don't try, because I do. I just can never quite catch up. Another problem is the clutter in my house.

I'm so incredibly tired of it. But I look around, and I don't know where to start, and I give up before I even start. It's infinitely frustrating, and it's a hole I've dug myself into, and can't get out of alone.

Enter The Flylady.

I've been hearing about her for a couple of years now, and did a little research on her web site, and then in true Jerri fashion, I bought her book, Sink reflections. She's someone who's been there, done that, and come out on the other side happy. So, what can it hurt? At worst, I have another book to add to my clutter. At best, I have a clean, orderly, happy home.

I officially became a FLYbaby tonight. My first two baby steps, shine my sink, and lay out my clothes for tomorrow are done. I will read the next chapter tomorrow. :)

I love The Flylady (aka, Marla Cilley). She is so incredibly positive. And it's about more than just having a clean organized house. It's about Finally Loving Yourself. I want to fly more than anything. What a sweet reward that will be for me, because I haven't been FLYing in a very very long time. Here's to the journey. Baby steps, baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment